Culture and Careers
Want a deeper look into BDI’s vision and values?
We’re the total package
We want each BDI team member to feel a sense of belonging and how much their talents and work are valued. We champion each employee by providing a total compensation package that includes equitable pay, health and wellness, vacation and continuing education.
100% coverage of employee medical, dental, and life insurance premiums for full-time employees.
- 401(k) Matching (4%) and Profit Sharing contributions
- BDI is 100% employee-owned
- We have a highly engaged culture at BDI because each of our employees are also owners.
- This gives employees the ability to benefit from the value of company stock and increases in value.
- BDI offers 2 work schedules for employees: Traditional 8 hour workday or compressed workweek with half-day Fridays.
- Most employees may work remotely, in the office, or in a blended work environment.
BDI offers a generous PTO package. Employees receive 2 weeks of vacation time each year. After 5 years of continuous employment, 3 weeks. After 10 years, 4 weeks.
BDI also offers PTO for jury duty, bereavement, a floating holiday, and sick time.
BDI is dedicated to releasing generosity within our organization. Our Releasing Generosity committee is dedicated to identifying opportunities to give back to our communities through volunteering, food and item drives, and nonprofit donations. BDI offers employees a volunteer day each year to encourage employees to release generosity in their own communities.
- Wellness Program:
- Monthly activities to encourage employee mental and physical well-being
- $25 monthly reimbursement for employee wellness expenses
- Office Setup: BDI will ensure that your home office is equipped so you can work well from the office or at home
- $145 monthly reimbursement for combined mobile device/internet
- Continuing Education: Employees may be eligible for tuition reimbursement of up to $2,000 per year
Current Job Openings
Department: Client Service
Report to: David Stolberg, Strategist/Account Director
Hours: 40 hours / week
The role of the Account Specialist is to provide exceptional support for the management of new and existing clients, to ensure client satisfaction through superior service, and to encourage account growth through careful relationship and project stewardship. The Account Specialist will report to and work directly with the Account Strategist to establish and cultivate the business relationship; gain and maintain a high level of understanding of the client’s service area, unique positioning, overall objectives, and requirements; and assist in the execution of a uniquely tailored direct marketing program. The Account Specialist will interact with clients to respond to inquiries, to provide program and product updates and marketing and communications updates, as well as campaign, technical, and other account-related support. The Account Specialist may also serve as project lead/subject matter expert on agency special projects – which may require advanced-level database work, digital asset/resource management, marketing and/or public relations tasks, or event coordination, as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Account Strategist to attend to, meet, and surpass expectations for the account needs of assigned clients
- Demonstrates strong agency knowledge of clients and services as well as agency systems and processes for effective communication between creative, production (print and digital), and administrative teams
- Effectively set up accounts, open projects, build briefs, enter client campaign participation, and fulfill CRM billing requirements in Microsoft Dynamics
- Participates in the pre-creative and tactical process for the creative development of direct mail packages
- Navigates and performs assigned projects within the company’s e-Tools (project management systems and creative proofing programs/applications)
- Serves as a support contact for issues or activities that a client may encounter. Works and interfaces with various internal departments as needed. Serves on a strategic task force as may be determined
- Keeps team and supervisor informed of project status and needs. Adheres to project deadlines
- Attends client meetings via telephone or on-site. Occasional travel. Supports the Strategist with material prep as may be requested
- Initiates follow-up and preparation of materials following tele-conferences and on-site strategy visits. Works with the Strategist to draft and distribute conference reports
- Coordinates and performs client service administrative tasks related to assigned clients and projects
- Attends and participates in internal client status meetings. As requested, prepares conference reports and follows up on action items
- Presents in client status meetings as required to update the entire client service team on special project/task force progress
- Participates in trade shows/conferences, as may be required, by representing BDI and sharing information on company services
- Manages special projects or assignments as required
- Other team and client support as necessary
Skills and Abilities
- Relationship Building: Must be friendly, trustworthy, knowledgeable, and professional. Must demonstrate ability to establish and develop relationships with prospects and serve as an ambassador of BDI. Positive attitude, good team player
- Communication Skills: Must demonstrate an advanced ability to read, analyze, and interpret agency documents, and respond effectively to inquiries. Must demonstrate good grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills. The position requires regular contact both inside and outside the agency
- Reasoning Skills: Must demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, interpret, and understand data and analyses, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be extremely efficient, organized, process-oriented, resourceful
- Computer Skills: Must demonstrate proficiency in the use and knowledge of integrated computer systems and business-related software such as Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Workfront, and Dynamics and quickly learn, understand, and seamlessly implement the operation of the agency’s e-Tools
- Excel Skills: The Account Specialist must be able to pass both the intermediate and advanced Excel assessment – demonstrating proficient formula use, an understanding of the questions data can answer, and the ability to read data within a spreadsheet. In addition, to handling the formulas, the Account Specialist should also know how to debug them, work-around them, use shortcuts, customize, audit them, and use the formulas appropriately to pursue the answers the team is requiring
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Must demonstrate strong decision-making, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills. Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to take initiative, focus, and prioritize tasks
- Attention to Detail: Must pay close attention to detail and demonstrate excellent follow-through
- Must be punctual, flexible, and able to function well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in analytics, marketing, business, or communications.
- Ideally, two or more years’ experience in database management, print production, account service, project work, media, or creative/traffic departments in a marketing agency environment.
- Professional services office environment
BDI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ready to Apply? Start Here.
Join our talented community